Friday, January 11, 2013

Is It Weird to Hug My PS Vita?

What is more important to you in your life right now, your new iPhone 5 that is sitting in your pocket or your mother? For me, it would be my mother. I value all the times I have spent with my mother from Alaska to Massachusetts, I can never put a price tag on my mom. I can put a price tag on my PlayStation Vita, something else I value in my life. These two things mean a lot to me.

I remember when I was around three years old; I fell off my bed and landed a doll house. I screamed and cried because it hurt so much. My mom ran into my room, picked me and held me until I stopped crying and fell asleep. This is something I will also remember. My mom is priceless because she always there for me and loving, even when we fight and maybe when I’m not so good. I spent a big amount of my life living in different states with my mom, but through all that time she has always been there for me. My mom does both jobs as a parent, mom and dad, this I really appreciate. One other reason I value my mom is that she spoils me with both love and money.

This last Christmas I opened up the present I had been dying for for a couple of years now, my PlayStation Vita. The PS Vita is handheld portable gaming device. I play games on it as well as watch movies on it. I value my PS Vita because I have never had something like it before. I can play different types of games on it and it makes happy because the games are fun to play. The PS Vita is very much like a smart phone, except I can’t make phone calls on it unless I use Skype. I value my PS Vita not only because I can play games, but because it was from my mom as well.

If I had to compare my mom to my PS Vita, I would say that they both can be very loud. My mom is extremely loud when she yells and the PS Vita is loud with the sounds of the game. They both also listen to me when I need to talk. Both my mom and the PS Vita have control over me. My mom controls me parent wise telling me what I can and cannot do. The PS Vita controls me through the addictive video games that I always want to play.

My mom and my PS Vita are totally different as well. I am able to have a conversation with my mom, something I cannot do with my PS Vita. One benefit of my PS Vita is that I can turn it on and off when I want, but that doesn’t happen with my mom. Lastly, my PS Vita cannot hold me the way my mom used to when I was hurt or give me hugs. I can hug my PS Vita, but I would look weird.

I value both my mom and my PS Vita, but I value them very differently. My mom is loving, caring and is always there for me. My PS Vita is fun to play with and takes away the stress of the day. My mom is priceless because of all the fond memories I have with her, through all the years and states we lived in. I value my PS Vita because it helps me escape the world. These two things are very important in my life and mean a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment